I recently responded to an interesting vacancy, after which the company representatives wrote to me and offered to do a test task – to create a small pizza shop on Laravel. The task was quite large for a test one and I thought to refuse, but just then a new Laravel 8 came out with a beautifully designed application scaffolding – Laravel Jetstream (Jetstream offers your choice of Livewire or Inertia scaffolding, we will use Inertia)… And I decided to do it by doing 3 things at once: create a shop on Laravel 8 (learn about the innovations of the new version), submit it as a test task and write about new features of the framework on the blog.
Thus, with this article, I begin a small series of articles about creating a shop on Laravel 8.
The shop will have the following structure:
- main page containing the menu;
- product page;
- cart to which the products will be added;
- checkout page;
- registration and login pages;
- user’s personal account, which will store his order history.
In addition, from the interesting features of the store, we will make it:
- Dynamic, that is, so that the products in the basket and prices are automatically recalculated depending on their quantity (without refreshing the page);
- Supporting 2 currencies (or more, if you need).
Links to articles from series of creating a shop on laravel 8 + Inertia as I write, I will add to this article below.
- Migrations and Models for shop on Laravel 8
- Backend for Shop on Laravel 8
- Frontend for Shop on Laravel 8 (using Laravel Jetstream)
To be the first to know about the release of new articles on the blog – subscribe to my Twitter.
See you soon.